Panel: How Cyber Startups Can Weather the COVID19 Crisis
The COVID-19 crisis has created significant challenges for cybersecurity startups, but also some real opportunities. On one hand, startup founders are finding it harder to get in front of investors, grow their business online, and reconfigure their services for the work-from-home environment.
On the other hand, as employees across multiple industries move to being fully remote and companies’ digital environments become more distributed, cybersecurity is more important now than it ever was.
Mindgrub CEO Todd Marks sat down with three cybersecurity leaders to learn more about how startups in the cyber industry can take this moment as a mandate to build their businesses into something leaner and more resilient.
Our roundtable participants include:
- Brian Dykstra, CEO of Atlantic Data Forensics
- Kathleen Booth, VP of Marketing at Attila Security
- Ron Gula, Founder of Gula Tech Adventures
Check out the full recording here, as well as the highlights listed below.
- 3:51: Pivoting from in-person to digital lead generation
- 5:30: The importance of thought leadership and constant communication with clients
- 7:16: Debunking the myth that VCs aren’t investing right now
- 8:33: Changes in cyber risk that come with remote work
- 10:18: Industries that can capitalize on the current disruption
- 14:34: Making the case for cyber product usability
- 17:18: New cybersecurity vulnerabilities that have arisen recently
- 25:25: Weighing the benefits and risks of having a remote workforce
- 30:08: Unicorns that came out of the last economic crisis (and the companies that are poised to grow right now)
- 33:25: How tools like Vidyard can help w/ cultural challenges in remote environments)
Jump start your cybersecurity business' growth with a marketing plan backed by a proven digital strategy. Connect with our team today.