Panel: The Changing Role of the CIO/CTO
While the disruption caused by the COVID-19 crisis is truly unprecedented, what can technology leaders do now to better prepare their businesses for major disruptions in the future?Mindgrub CEO Todd Marks sat down with two of Maryland's leading voices in digital transformation to discuss the various ways that CIOs and CTOs can approach this question and how technical leaders can become forces for systemic change within their organizations.
Our roundtable participants:
- Dave Hartman, President, Hartman Executive Advisors
- Ben Schmerler, Director of Strategic Operations, DP Solutions
Check out the full recording here, as well as the highlights listed below.
- 4:16: Two major parts of the CIO/CTO's sphere of influence that have changed forever after COVID-19
- 6:52: What new reactive and proactive actions CIOs and CTOs should take right now
- 13:22: Transitioning from a fully in-person meeting and event strategy to a hybrid approach (part in-person, part remote)
- 19:17: Why technology needs to be perceived as a vital human service, not a luxury, in our schools, businesses, and communities
- 21:10: Defining what the role of a CIO/CTO should look like in the future
- 29:07: Market research, process improvement, and other ways businesses can use this time to tackle big structural changes that may have been de-prioritized pre-crisis
- 30:19: The shifting focus of the CIO/CTO from technical leadership to business leadership
- 25:25: Why now is the time to drop your biases when it comes to technology platforms and processes
Jump start your business' digital transformation with a technical roadmap that drives results. Connect with our team today.